Saturday, June 6, 2009

Psalm 42 (As the Deer)



As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?[b]
My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”
Psalm 42


As the deer panteth for the water so my soul longeth after Thee....
I feel like the Shulamite waking from a bad dream.
I know that things are not as they seem.
More of the world and less of You.
If this continues,
I don't know what I'd do.
Though I say I want to be where you are,
I can't help but notice where my heart,
Is not near but far
Away from your love, faintly searching for the patter of Your heart.

Oh Romeo, Oh Romeo.
Where for art thou Romeo?
The knight in shining armor who brings me fame.
Come rescue me once again
Before I naively profane Your name.
What is in a name?
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet
But by Your name, only, can I make demons fall to my feet.
Dear Jesus, let my heart skip up past adversity like hinds feet.
As I cry out to You like a sinking Pete,
Oh, I know You are near; close within arm's reach.
Without You my Love, I have no peace.
Without You my Love, I have no sleep.
My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.
Diligently I will search, Your face I will seek.
Not resting, til I find myself at Your feet.
Like Ruth, snuggling her Kinsman Redeemer,
Father, grant the desires of this restless dreamer....

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog