Thursday, May 21, 2009

JUST DO IT!

All things originate with God, so even though sneakers aren’t made to give God glory, yet, Nike owes God billions of dollars for the slogan they stole from Him.

“And David said to his son Solomon, “Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.” 1 Chronicles 28:20


I heard a Word this morning that really made me think about my attitude towards life. I’m always trying to hold onto things, save things, and keep things in perfect condition. It is hard for me to plan because I’ve moved around so much, my life and circumstances have changed so much that it is uncomfortable to let go. It is uncomfortable for me to get settled in anywhere because “What if I don’t use it? What if I give it or throw it away and I’ll need it later? What if I get settled in and comfortable and something happens where I have to pack everything up again?” Not knowing that thinking and worrying about tomorrow is robbing me of enjoying the blessings of my today. God says,

“'Enlarge the place of your tent,
And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings
Do not spare;
Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes.
For you shall expand to the right and to the left.'” Isaiah 54:2,3


Then my mind says, “Okay, Lord but what if I make a mistake or what if I have to give it back? Is it really mine? Are you really referring to me??” Then, I realize that I have to enlarge the tent of my thinking first to fit the visions and the blessings that He has for me. And He gently says,

“He who observes the wind will not sow,
And he who regards the clouds will not reap.
As you do not know what is the way of the wind…
And in the evening do not withhold your hand;
For you do not know which will prosper.” Ecclesiastes 11:4,8


In other words, God says, “JUST DO IT!” Is there something God mentioned to you and you’ve been “praying about it” with endless excuses as to why your wisdom is more superior than His? Once Christ came into your life, your eternal life started at that very moment. How diligently we follow His lead determines the Abundance of the Life that we Live on Earth!!

“‘Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.’
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:9, 10


So I forget those things that are behind me and grab hold of those things that are ahead and I press, I press to launch out into the deep things of God. How about you?

Pray with me. Father, forgive me for being strange bedfellows with doubt and fear. Forgive me for looking down and not up at You, the Author and Finisher of my faith. I let go of past victories and failures, waiting for the new things You’ve promised me to spring forth. Thank You for reminding me to look to the hills to You and trust that You have me in the palm of Your hands. Therefore I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. In Jesus’ name I ask these things. Amen.

Divine Utterance

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog